Upwork Freelancer and Working from Home: The reality

 


So it's been 24 days from today since I resigned to my good paying job. It was one of the hardest things happened to me. It was a great company but the decision was necessary due to pressing circumstances, one of them is because of the pandemic. I moved back to province life and left the city believing it would be easier and cheaper, which is true. Secondly, corporate world is no longer healthy for me in terms of mental and I did try to surpass this stage and held onto hope that it would be alright at one point in almost 8 years of service in this kind of industry, but I failed to see this light. 

Don't get me wrong, I did saved money but not enough to cover me for the upcoming weeks or months and I still have some debts left that I need to pay soon. Believe me, I am scared of not being financially secured and be a burden to my partner - it's killing me inside that, she's fine with it - you know the guilt, even though I know how hard life is. And I am super grateful to my partner for being supportive.

This is not a sponsored blog, well, I am hoping it would be. Someday. I am planning to get this site be monetized and hopefully be successful in it. I basically started this site since 2014 (I think) and had earn a few bucks but never really get to into deep because I got sucked in to the idea of having a "more stable" career taking a 9 to 5 job, than just sitting in a couch typing words and wouldn't know if someone will care about reading your thoughts. 

But now, doing this freelancing job, has made me thinking... If I had had invested my whole time and full effort on this type of career, I could have been more stable and successful, who knows? So, this is one of the most important part, why leaving the job that gave me security and stable income is to feed my "what IFs." I can feel in my guts this time, I'll make sure, I will make an effort in doing so to be much more stable here in freelancing, blogging, photography and game live streaming.

You see that image above earlier, that's going to be one of the first and many jobs I'll ever have as a freelancer while doing the things I am passionate about and turn them into gold. With investment of positivity, effort, focus, time, patience and mostly, God's guidance and support, I know I'll be successful. I just need the same formula I used for 8 years but this time, it's no longer tied up with other people's expectations and no more supervisors or bosses, it's going to be more of partnerships and better pay.

So, to those who wants the same thing but fears of losing a lot? Don't worry, I am still scared up until now, I can't believe that I would be saying this, cliché but true, losing what gives security will gain you more perspective and it will definitely humble you and will teach you again the value of life, of what's really important - better quality of life, healthier body and mind and improved lifestyle. 

Feel free to reach out to me if you just want to talk - click the contact page and you'll know where to find me.

Comments

Popular Posts